Detox Green Smoothie
Smoothies are a tasty way to pack all kinds of good for you things into one glass.
I make this detox green smoothie all the times after a sweaty workout or a few days of too much sugar. When I drink it I feel healthier and have more energy. And the best part is that it’s DELICIOUS!
We are exposed to a lot of toxins daily, so it’s important that we take care of our bodies.
Cilantro (coriander) binds to heavy metals and helps remove them from your body. Lime juice helps to cleanse and detox your liver. Ginger is a fantastic digestive aid, proper digestion is important for elimination of toxins.
Not only does this smoothie helps you detox, it’s also loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Based on rough calculations, it has 70 calories and it’s very high in dietary fibers, manganese, Vitamin A, C and B6.
Since mango is very sweet, there is no need to add extra sugar.
The combination of lime, cilantro and ginger gives this smoothie a refreshing zing.
If you are trying to be healthy, start your day with a detox green smoothie!!!
This detox green smoothie packs all kinds of good for you things into one glass. You will feel healthier and with more energies.
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) water cold
- 30 grams (1 cup packed) baby spinach
- 10 grams (1/4 cup packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small mango peeled,cored and diced
- 1 green apple cored and sliced (but not peeled)
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon chia powder
- Blend the baby spinach, cilantro and water until smooth.
- Add the mango, apple, lime juice, ginger and blend again.
- Pour it into a glass and sprinkle some chia powder on top before serving.
- Enjoy your detox green smoothie!
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!