Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
This frozen strawberry lemonade is sure to cool you off this summer!
It’s so easy to make, full of fresh strawberries and bright, tart lemons. Not too sour or too sweet, just perfect!
Turn it into a refreshing summer cocktail substituting some of the water with your choice of alcohol: vodka, tequila, rum or even white wine. But even without alcohol it’s still delicious!
My husband and I loved this frozen strawberry lemonade, it was gone in no time! It’s almost impossible to stop at just one glass. So if you have friends coming over, just double or triple the recipe.
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. If you use frozen strawberries, let them thaw a bit before blending so they are easier to crush in your blender.
The glasses are rimmed with pink sugar. Put some sugar in a zip lock bag and add a drop of red food coloring. Seal the bag and gently massage the sugar with your fingers until the color is mixed through. You can continue to add a drop of food coloring at a time until you get your desired shade. SImple, isn’t it?
Grab a straw and enjoy it!
How To Make It: Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- 5.3 oz (150 g) fresh strawberries hulled
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar more to taste
- 1½ cup (200 g) crushed ice
- pink sugar for rimming the glasses: sugar, red food coloring
- fresh strawberries and/or lemon wedges to garnish
- Prepare the pink sugar. Put some sugar in a zip lock bag and add a drop of red food coloring. Seal the bag and gently massage the sugar with your fingers until the color is mixed through.
- Run the cut side of a lemon wedge around the rim of a glass. Dip the rim into a small bowl of pink sugar and set aside. Repeat with the other glass.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the desired consistency is reached. Taste for flavor and sweetness and adjust to your liking.
- Divide the frozen strawberry lemonade between the two glasses and garnish with a strawberry and/or lemon wedge.
- Serve right away and enjoy it!