Roasted Beetroot Hummus
I’m totally in love with the vibrant pink color of this roasted beetroot hummus! Doesn’t it look pretty?
Roasted beetroots, with their subtle sweetness, add a delicious twist to the traditional hummus!
Try it as a snack with your favorite veggies, crackers or as a spread on your sandwiches and wraps. I had mine slathered on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread topped with avocado. Amazing!
The recipe is very easy but roasting beetroots takes some time, approximately 1 to 2 hours (it depends on the size of your beets). Once they are cooked, this hummus comes together very quickly. Just toss all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until it’s creamy.
If you don’t want to wait for 2 hours feel free to microwave the beets, buy precooked beets in vacuum packed bags or roast them the night before.
Hummus can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you are a hummus fan you have to try this recipe! It’s simple, healthy and it will look impressive to bring to any party!
Roasted Beetroot Hummus is creamy, healthy, and has a gorgeous pink hue. Pair it with fresh veggies or pita chips for a scrumptious snack.
- 2 medium sized beetroots skin on
- 1 can chickpeas (400 grams /14 ounces) drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- water to thin
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Wrap each beetroot in aluminum foil and roast them for 1 to 2 hours (it depends on the size of your beets) or until soft and tender.
- Once the beetroots are roasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Peel the skin and chop them into chunks.
- Place the beetroots, chickpeas and garlic into a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin, 1 teaspoon of water and blend until the hummus becomes smooth and creamy.
- If it's too thick add more water until the consistency is perfect.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt or lemon if needed
- Refrigerate or use immediately. Roasted beetroot hummus will last in the fridge for approximately 1 week.
- Enjoy! 🙂
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!