Hello there! Nice to meet you!
My name is Elena, and I’m the recipe developer, food stylist, and photographer behind As Easy As Apple Pie.
I grew up in a small village in the north of Italy, and I currently live in the United Arab Emirates with my husband.
As a former private jet flight attendant, I’ve had the opportunity to work with top chefs and food suppliers from around the world, and I’ve developed an extensive knowledge about different cuisines, flavor combinations, and cooking techniques.
In 2014, after leaving my job as a flight attendant, I started As Easy As Apple Pie as a little hobby, which has now become my full-time job. My goal is to create recipes that are not only taste amazing but also look beautiful and are easy to follow.
What you’ll find on As Easy As Apple Pie
- What you see on the blog, is what we eat! — I share recipes that I’ve tried and loved in my everyday life. I test every recipe thoroughly before sharing it here.
- Easy recipes — most of my recipes are made with seasonal ingredients and are quick and simple. Nothing fussy or complicated! You’ll find plenty of soups, salads, healthy recipes, and a few indulgent recipes too, because life is all about balance!
- Simple instructions — if you’re new to cooking or baking, don’t be afraid. I provide detailed instructions and helpful tips to ensure that my readers can replicate my recipes with ease.
If you’re new to As Easy As Apple Pie, check out the recipe index, where you can sort recipes by category, dietary type, season, and even ingredients.
In the Press
You can check out some of these features on my press page.
Still curious? Randoms facts about me…
- I’ve lived in the Middle East 🇧🇭 🇦🇪 for over 23 years.
- If I had to choose just one food to eat for the rest of my life, you bet it’s gonna be pizza! 🍕
- For 13 years, we had a chihuahua named Pixie 🐾 I adored her!
- My go-to coffee order is always a delicious caramel macchiato. ☕
- I have an total weakness for Krispy Kreme original glazed donuts. They’re just too good! 🍩
- When it comes to desserts, nothing beats a Strawberry Tart. It’s my absolute favorite! 🍓
- If you’re looking for a recipe that I’ve made countless times, it’s definitely my Fall Harvest Salad It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing any time of the year! 🥗
- I have a bit of a shoe addiction. I just can’t resist a pair of running shoes or heels! 👠
- I absolutely love running. I even attended a running camp in Kenya last year, and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life! 🏃🏻♀️
Photo credits: Nate Castner
Keep in touch!
If you have any questions, comments, or recipe requests, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Leave a comment on my posts, especially if you try a recipe! I’d love to hear your feedback!
- Visit my contact page.
- Send me an email: elena (at) aseasyasapplepie (dot) com.
- You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- You can also sign up to my newsletter.
Enjoy your stay! 😊