Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
What better way to start off the weekend than with bakery-style chocolate chip muffins?
This is a standard muffin recipe: combine your dry ingredients, combine your wet ingredients, and mix the two together until JUST combined. No mixer required, only a whisk, two bowls and a spatula or wooden spoon.
One thing that’s important to keep in mind when making muffins is to be careful not to over-mix the batter or you end up with a batch of hard and dense muffins.
To get the nice domes, fill the muffin pan all the way to the top, bake them for 5 minutes at 220 degrees C (425 degrees F) , then lower the temperature down. The initial burst of temperature causes the batter to rise resulting in those muffin domes.
I used semi-sweet mini chocolate chips because they disperse more evenly and you get some chocolate in every bite but you can use regular chocolate chips or chocolate chunks if you prefer.
Oil makes the muffins extra moist and tender. Don’t replace it with applesauce or bananas…use this recipe for healthier muffins.
Store the bakery-style chocolate chip muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Muffins also freeze well. Wrap each muffin with clingfilm and then place them in a large freezer bag. They will keep for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight on the counter and reheat before serving.
Enjoy these fabulous muffins with your morning coffee and/or as an afternoon snack. They’re soft, fluffy, and packed with chocolate chips!
Enjoy these bakery-style chocolate chip muffins with your morning coffee. They’re soft, fluffy, and packed with chocolate chips!
- 360 grams (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 180 grams (3/4 cup+2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 100 ml (1/2 cup minus 1 1/2 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 260 grams (1 1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (425 degrees F). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar. Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix everything together with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin pans with the batter all the way to the top bake at 220 degrees C (425F degrees F) for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F) and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the bakery-style chocolate chip muffins cool for a few minutes before serving.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!