Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Savory Muffins
These zucchini cheddar cheese savory muffins are super delicious! Zucchini keep the muffin moist and the cheddar cheese adds a lot of flavor!
The recipe is very easy and takes only 35 minutes. There’s no long list of ingredients or complicated preparation involved, simply add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir with a wooden spoon until just combined and you are ready to go.
I don’t use paper cupcake liners for savory muffins because they stick to the paper, especially when baking with cheese. Grease really really well the muffin pan and, if by any chance they get stuck to the pan, don’t worry. Carefully slip a pairing knife between the muffin and the pan and separate the two. It works like a charm! 🙂
Customize the muffins to suit your personal taste: use your favorite cheese instead of cheddar, spinach instead of zucchini, add corn, ham, jalapeno, etc.
You could eat these zucchini cheddar cheese savory muffins for a quick lunch with a salad, with a bowl of soup, for breakfast, and are great for the kids lunch boxes. They are an excellent addition to just about any meal. If you want to indulge, spread a little butter on top.
I usually make two batches and freeze some for quick snacks during the week. A few seconds in the microwave and they are as good as freshly made.
These zucchini cheddar cheese savory muffins are super delicious, moist and full of flavor.
- 360 grams (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 220 ml (1 cup minus 1 1/2 tablespoon) skim milk you can use whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 130 grams (4.6 ounces) grated zucchini
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) reduced fat cheddar cheese grated
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C (325 degrees F) and grease a muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and set aside.
- Whisk the milk, egg, and oil together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
- Stir in the zucchini, cheddar cheese, spring onion and thyme with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
- The batter will be very thick, it's ok.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin (about 3/4 full) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the tops are just golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the zucchini cheddar cheese savory muffins to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!