Baked Frittata with Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
Baked frittata with cherry tomatoes and arugula – ready in 45 minutes and incredibly delicious!
Filled with cherry tomato and arugula, this baked frittata is so easy to make, and packed with flavor.
Frittatas are one of my go-to quick and easy meals. They are perfect for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, picnics, or parties, and can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature.
They’re also a great way to use up whatever vegetables or leftovers you have in the fridge. Replace the arugula with baby spinach, Swiss chard, kale or beet greens; use thyme, dill, mint or basil instead of parsley; add zucchini, asparagus, artichokes, mushrooms, or bell peppers; substitute mozzarella cheese with blue, goat, feta, cheddar, provolone, ricotta, or parmesan. The possibilities are endless!
If you don’t have a well-seasoned cast iron pan, any other pan or baking dish is ok as long as it’s oven safe, non-stick and without plastic handles of course.
Serve the baked frittata with a slice of crusty bread, a simple green salad for a tasty, no-fuss, low-carb meal.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container.
If you try this frittata with cherry tomato and arugula let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
Baked frittata with cherry tomatoes and arugula - ready in 45 minutes and incredibly delicious!
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 250 grams ( 1 3/4 cup) cherry tomatoes halved
- 20 grams (1 cup) arugula roughly chopped
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese I used part-skim
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley+ extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Preheat a 23 cm / 9 inch cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, cherry tomatoes, arugula, mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil and sauté the onion until soft and translucent.
- Remove from heat, pour the egg mixture over the sautéed onion and stir to ensure the egg mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the top of the frittata has browned slightly and is set.
- Allow the baked frittata to cool for about 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!