Holiday Cranberry Mojito
Entertain your guests with this beautiful holiday cranberry mojito. It’s pretty, festive, tart, sweet, refreshing and flavorful.
If you’ve never made mojito before then you’ll be surprised how easy it is. Muddle fresh mint and lime juice then add white rum, cranberry simple syrup and stir. Top it off with ice cubes, sparkling water, and garnish with a few mint leaves, fresh cranberries and a slice of lime.
The cranberry simple syrup can be prepared several days ahead and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Muddle with whatever you have on hand, I used the end of a wooden spoon. Skip the rum and you will have a great mocktail, just add extra sparkling water.
This colorful cocktail will definitely be on my menu for New Year’s Eve.
Happy New Year! Thanks for making 2015 a fabulous year!
Entertain your guests with this beautiful holiday cranberry mojito. It's pretty, festive, colorful, tart, sweet, refreshing and flavorful.
Leftover cranberry simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks
- For the cranberry simple syrup:
- 225 grams (8 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 200 grams (1 cup) granulated sugar
- For the holiday cranberry mojito:
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 120 ml (4 ounces) cranberry simple syrup
- 120 ml (4 ounces) white rum
- ice cubes
- 120 ml (4 ounces) sparkling water
- Garnish (optional) : fresh mint leaves, fresh cranberries, lime slices
- In a small saucepan combine the cranberries, water and sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cranberries burst and soften. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, strain it, pressing on the cranberries to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the cranberries or save them for another use.
- Place 10 mint leaves and 1 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice into a glass. Muddle the mint in the juice by pressing the mint leaves with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add in 60 ml (2 ounces) of cranberry simple syrup, 60 ml (2 ounces) of white rum and stir.
- Top with ice cubes, and 60 ml (2 ounces) of sparkling water.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves, fresh cranberries and a slice of lime.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!