Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Spicy shrimp tacos with mango salsa and cilantro lime sauce – an easy, healthy, flavorful and delicious meal ready in 20 minutes!
These spicy shrimp tacos with mango salsa are the perfect weeknight dinner! Shrimp takes practically no time to cook, and everything comes together in 20 minutes.
After tossing the shrimp with some chili powder, cayenne pepper and paprika, I sauteed them for a few minutes, just until they were pink and cooked through. I used fresh shrimp here, but frozen ones will work just as well. Place the frozen shrimp in a colander in the sink and run cold water over them until thawed, which should take between 10 and 15 minutes depending on the size.
The mango salsa is colorful, sweet, tangy and spicy and it is made with jalapeno, red bell pepper, mango, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro. So good! If you have time, make the salsa ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
The cilantro lime sauce is creamy and flavorful. Simply add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
To assemble the spicy shrimp tacos, spread a spoonful of cilantro lime sauce on the tortilla, add a handful of shredded red cabbage and place the shrimp on top of the cabbage. Top with mango salsa, drizzle more sauce over the whole thing and serve. Don’t skip the red cabbage as it adds color and crunch.
How To Make It: Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
For the salsa:
- 1 ripe firm mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ¼ cup (15 g) fresh cilantro finely chopped
- the juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
For the shrimp:
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
For the cilantro lime sauce:
- ½ cup (115 g) Greek yogurt 2% fat you can use sour cream
- ¼ cup (15 g) fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- You will also need:
- 8 small corn tortilla
- 1 cup (100 g) red cabbage shredded
- lime wedges
Prepare the mango salsa
- combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge.
Cook the shrimp
- heat the olive oil in a a large skillet over medium high heat. Season both sides of the shrimp with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and sautee for 5-6 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Prepare the cilantro lime sauce
- blend all the ingredients in a food processor until your desired consistency is reached. Add a little water if needed.
Assemble the tacos
- warm the tortillas. Spread a spoonful of cilantro lime sauce on the tortilla, add a handful of shredded red cabbage and place the shrimp on top of the cabbage.Top with the mango salsa, drizzle more sauce over the whole thing and serve.