Chocolate Orange Avocado Pudding
Chocolate Orange Avocado Pudding: a rich, silky-smooth, decadent, creamy and healthy dessert ready in 2 minutes! vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free
This chocolate orange avocado pudding is so rich, silky-smooth, decadent and creamy, nobody will ever believe it’s healthy!
It’s the perfect recipe when a sudden chocolate craving hits, it only takes 2 minutes to make and requires no effort whatsoever. Simply blitz all the ingredients in a blender, scoop the chocolate orange avocado pudding into small ramekins or, if you want it to look super pretty, pipe it out with a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
The chia seeds act as a thickening agent, the avocados give a thick, creamy texture. You will not taste the avocado as it it masked by the intense chocolate and orange flavor.
If you can’t find chia powder at the store, use chia seeds (the texture will not be so smooth) or grind chia seeds in a food processor, blender or coffee grinder.
I used agave nectar, you can replace it with pure maple syrup or raw honey. Taste the mousse after blending and adjust the amount depending on how sweet you like it
The pudding can be prepared 1 or 2 days in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator.
Did I mention that this orange chocolate avocado pudding is vegan, paleo (substitute the agave nectar with maple syrup) dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free?
How To Make It: Chocolate Orange Avocado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados I used Hass avocados
- ⅓ cup minus ½ tablespoon (90 g) agave nectar
- ⅓ cup (40 g) raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon chia powder
- Halve the avocados and scoop the flesh into a food processor or blender.
- Add the orange juice, cacao powder, chia powder, agave nectar and orange zest.
- Mix for a minute or until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with extra agave nectar if needed.
- Scoop the mousse into pretty glasses or ramekins (I used a piping bag).
- Refrigerate the chocolate orange avocado pudding for at least 30 minutes before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: