Artichoke and White Bean Dip
Artichoke and White Bean Dip – an easy, delicious, and healthy appetizer or snack that you can whip up in the food processor in 5 minutes! Perfect served with pita chips, fresh veggies or crackers
This artichoke and white bean dip is a wonderful alternative to hummus. It’s creamy, tangy, flavorful and makes a perfect healthy afternoon snack or appetizer.
I usually serve it with pita chips, but it would also be delicious with crackers, fresh veggies or spread on a sandwich.
The recipe comes together in no time, all you need is a can of cannellini beans, artichokes hearts, a clove of garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and a food processor. Put all the ingredients in the processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Once it’s done, scoop the artichoke and white bean dip into a pretty bowl, sprinkle with some paprika, drizzle with extra virgin olive, garnish with parsley and serve it. EASY!
I like my dip with a thick and chunky texture, if you prefer a smoother consistency, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
The artichoke and white bean dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How To Make It: Artichoke and White Bean Dip
- 14 oz. (400 g) cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 7 oz. (200 g) artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional): paprika, chopped parsley, extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the oil and keep mixing until you reach the desired consistency.
- If it’s too thick add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Blend in the chopped parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in a shallow bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with parsley and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve the artichoke and white bean dip immediately with pita chips or cover and refrigerate.