Avocado Chocolate Mousse
A ragluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, low carb, vegan, and paleo dessert. This easy avocado chocolate mousse can be made in a blender in 2 minutes!
This avocado chocolate mousse is a combination of healthy and delicious ingredients that come together to create a dense, rich, and silky smooth pudding.
How to make chocolate avocado mousse
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple and quick to make. All you need is:
- a couple of avocados,
- a splash of unsweetened almond milk,
- agave nectar,
- raw cacao powder,
- chia powder,
- and a touch of almond extract.
Just throw everything in the blender or food processor and mix until creamy and smooth. The avocado gives this mousse its creamy texture and the chia powder works as a thickening agent.
Serve the chocolate mousse plain or topped with cacao nibs, fresh raspberries, and/or whipped coconut cream.
Use Hass avocados for a super creamy dessert
What does avocado chocolate mousse taste like?
Don’t worry, you will only taste a faint hint of avocado. While it’s not quite the same as a classic mousse, it’s not far off and so much better for you.
Give it a twist!
This dessert is also easily customizable. I used raw cacao powder, but you could always use unsweetened cocoa powder instead.
Replace the agave nectar with honey, or maple syrup, and adjust the amount to your taste.
If you can’t find chia powder grind chia seeds in a food processor or coffee grinder.
Substitute the almond milk with coconut milk, cashew milk, or any other plant-based milk.
Not a fan of almond extract? Vanilla works just as well!
To make this recipe paleo, replace the agave nectar with honey or maple syrup
How to store leftovers
Chocolate avocado mousse can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
If you’ve never tried chocolate avocado mousse before, this recipe will take you completely by surprise!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados I used Hass avocados
- ⅓ cup minus ½ tablespoon (90 grams) agave nectar*
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or any other plant milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon chia powder
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- cacao nibs, fresh raspberries, whipped coconut cream
- Halve the avocados and scoop the flesh into a food processor or blender.
- Add the almond milk, cacao powder, chia powder, agave nectar and almond extract.
- Mix for a minute or until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with extra agave nectar if needed.
- Spoon the avocado chocolate mousse into pretty glasses or ramekins (I used a piping bag).
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve plain or topped with cacao nibs, fresh raspberries, and/or whipped coconut cream.