Homemade Potato Chips
Homemade potato chips that you can easily make at home in the microwave!
It’s a crime to have a sandwich without chips, it’s a match made in heaven! But potato chips aren’t always the healthiest thing to have on your shopping list.
These homemade potato chips are made in the microwave without a drop of fat and they are so crispy you’d never know they weren’t “the real thing”.
For best results, make sure you slice the potatoes very thin. If you have a mandoline it will be super easy and fast. If you don’t have one, don’t worry, a sharp knife and a steady hand will get the job done just as well. Hopefully your knife skills are better than mine. 🙂
All you have to do is thinly slice the potatoes (skin off or on, it’s up to you), and microwave them for a couple of minutes on each side. Flavor them however you want and enjoy your homemade potato chips! I went simple and just seasoned with salt but you could play with all kinds of flavors here, the possibilities are endless: salt and vinegar, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, etc.
When you put the potato slices on the plate, make sure they don’t overlap or they’ll get stuck to each other!
Potato chips will stay crispy for a few days kept in an airtight container or zip-lock bag.
If you’re counting calories, or just looking to rustle up a quick snack, I dare you not to love this quick, easy and healthy snack!
Make healthy and delicious homemade potato chips in the microwave- no oil or deep frying needed.
- Salt and other seasonings optional
- Bowl of cold water
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paper towels
- Wash the potatoes and slice them as thin as possible with a knife or a mandoline.
- Put the slices in cold water and rinse a few times, until the water is clear. This will help remove the starch.
- Dry the slices with paper towels.
- and arrange them on a dinner plate. Make sure they don't overlap or they will stuck to each other.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt or other spices.
- Microwave the potato slices on high for 3 minutes. Flip them over and microwave for another 2 minutes. Remove any chips that are starting to crisp and brown. Once golden, they are done.
- Transfer the cooked homemade potato chips to a bowl. They will get crispier once they are completely cool.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!