Flourless Chocolate Cookies
These flourless chocolate cookies are rich, chocolaty, chewy on the inside and slightly crispy around the edges. They taste just like brownies.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make them. No mixer is required, they come together in one bowl and you probably have all the ingredients on hand.
The best part? They have no flour and no added fat. If you need the cookies to be gluten-free, check the packaging of the cocoa and chocolate chips to make sure they are gluten-free.
Warning: these cookies have no flour and no butter BUT that doesn’t mean that they are healthy, they contain a lot of sugar. Eat them in moderation! 🙂 Anyway, one cookie is pretty filling.
Let the flourless chocolate cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet with a spatula as they stick to the parchment paper.
These flourless chocolate cookies are definitely a crowd pleaser and too easy not to whip up a batch right now!!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl
Rich, chewy, fudgy, flourless chocolate cookies. This easy recipe has no butter and no oil.
- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (355 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems too thick, add another egg white.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread a bit.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and they begin to crack.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet with a spatula.
- Store the flourless chocolate cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!