Homemade Mayonnaise in 30 Seconds
Mayonnaise is notoriously difficult to make. You start by whisking the egg yolks, a bit of mustard and lemon juice or vinegar. Then you pour in the oil in a thin stream as you continue to beat rapidly. If you pour in the oil too fast you will end up with a curdled, oily mixture.
The easiest solution? Use a hand blender and in 30 second you will have a creamy and delicious homemade mayonnaise. Seriously, no joke!
You only need 5 ingredients, an immersion blender and a jar. Use a tall and narrow jar, with the opening that’s just wide enough to accommodate your immersion blender. You can use the same jar to make and store the mayonnaise. Make sure that the oil and egg are cold from the fridge.
I don’t eat mayonnaise every day but there are some recipes that would not be the same without it: chicken salad, egg salad, coleslaw, deviled eggs, burgers, etc.
Making your homemade mayonnaise is a much healthier option since there are no preservatives and other chemicals used in the store-bought mayo.
Try this recipe and I bet you are never gonna buy mayonnaise ever again!
You can have a creamy and delicious homemade mayonnaise in 30 seconds. It's easy, you need 5 ingredients, an immersion blender and a jar!
- 1 egg cold from the fridge
- 200 grams (3/4 cups+ 2 1/2 tablespoons) sunflower oil cold from the fridge
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijion mustard optional
- Put all the ingredients into a tall, narrow container. I used the one that came with my immersion blender. Follow this order: egg (be careful not to break the yolk), oil, white vinegar, salt, Dijion mustard.
- Insert the immersion blender and push it all the way to the bottom of the jar.
- Turn it on at the highest speed and DO NOT move the blender for 10 seconds.
- Almost instantly the mixture will begin to emulsify and look like mayo. Now you can move the immersion blender up and down to incorporate any oil that is sitting on the top.
- Your homemade mayonnaise is ready. Keep it refrigerated and use it within one week.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!