Homemade Flavored Salt (Garlic and Herbs)
Homemade flavored salt adds a punch of flavor to all your dishes.
The recipe couldn’t be easier! Combine the sea salt, garlic, fresh rosemary and fresh thyme in a food processor and pulse. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Transfer the homemade flavored salt in an airtight container or in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in a cool, dry place.
Salt is a natural preserver, it will last forever as long as it’s dried completely before packaging and properly stored. However, I advise you to use it within 6 months as the intensity of flavor will diminish over time.
You can customize aromatic salt according to your taste. Replace thyme with sage or basil, add some spices, citrus peel, increase the amount of herbs, etc
Sprinkle this garlic and herbs homemade flavored sea salt on meat, poultry, fish, pasta, grilled vegetables, french fries, burgers… just use it in place of regular salt.
Do you need some quick and easy last minute gifts? Package the salt in a cute jar with a ribbon or tag, your friends and family will be delighted!
How To Make It: Homemade Flavored Salt (Garlic and Herbs)
- 1 cup (220 g) coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 230°F (110°C).
- Peel and coarsely chop the garlic cloves.
- Finely chop the rosemary and thyme. (leaves only, discard the stem).
- Add the sea salt, garlic, rosemary and thyme to a food processor and pulse until the salt becomes a little finer and everything is well mixed.
- Taste and increase the amount of flavorings, if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and, if there are any lumps, pulse it again in the food processor.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and store the homemade flavored salt in an airtight container or in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.