2 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Mousse
This creamy dark chocolate mousse is made with just 2 ingredients: chocolate and water.
No fancy equipments, no chilling time, just a whisk, 10 minutes and elbow grease!
Hervé This, a French physical chemist with a PHD in molecular gastronomy, invented the recipe. Melt chocolate and water, transfer the mixture to an ice bath and whisk until it becomes thick.
Don’t over whip or you will end up with a grainy mousse. If it happens don’t despair, you can fix it in no time. Just return the mousse to the pot, melt it, transfer it back to the cold bowl and start again.
Because the recipe involves only two ingredients, choose a good quality chocolate.
You can flavor the mousse with cinnamon, vanilla, orange, cayenne pepper or replace some of the water with your favorite liqueur.
Decorate with cocoa nibs, chopped nuts, berries, whipped cream, etc.
More chocolate desserts
- Moist Chocolate Cake
- Silken Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
If you try this 2 ingredient dark chocolate mousse let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
How To Make It: 2 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 9.35 oz. (265 g) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Toppings: chopped nuts, cocoa nibs, fresh berries, whipped cream, etc.
- Place a large mixing bowl on top of another slightly smaller, filled with ice and cold water.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and water until smooth. Don’t let it boil, simply melt it.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the large bowl and whisk vigorously until the mousse begins to thicken.
- Be careful not to over whisk as the mousse will become grainy. If it happens, remelt the chocolate mousse and start whisking all over again.
- Serve the dark chocolate mousse immediately or keep it, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.