Garlic Parmesan Mini Hasselback Potatoes
If you’re looking for a striking side dish or appetizer that will impress your guests, try these Garlic Parmesan Mini Hasselback Potatoes!
Though mini hasselback potatoes look fancy, the recipe is easy and straightforward.
Basically, you want to cut slits in the potatoes, but not all the way through, so the slices are attached. This can be a bit of a challenge and time consuming, but I have two tricks that help.
1 – Put a couple of chopsticks on each side of the potato, so the knife doesn’t go through all the way.
2- Use a wooden spoon as a cradle. This is my favorite method!
Place the cut potatoes on a baking sheet, brush them with a mixture of melted butter, olive oil and minced garlic, season with salt and black pepper, and bake them for 40 minutes, or until they’re crispy on the outside, and soft and creamy on the inside. Halfway through the roasting time, you will need to brush them again and sprinkle with parmesan.
Once the potatoes are cooked, finish them off with an extra sprinkle of parmesan and finely chopped parsley.
The combination of olive oil, butter, garlic and parmesan provide an amazing flavor.
This recipe can be easily made vegan. Substitute the butter with coconut oil or olive oil and omit the cheese or use vegan parmesan cheese.
More potato recipes
If you give this garlic parmesan mini hasselback potatoes a try, let me know what you think. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
How To Make It: Garlic Parmesan Mini Hasselback Potatoes
- 20 baby potatoes washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon (20 g) butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (20 g) grated parmesan cheese
- Garnish (optional): finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several vertical slits, being careful not to cut all the way through. You can also place chopsticks on either side of the potato to keep your knife from slicing through.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter, oil, and garlic, then brush each potato with this mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, brush them again, and sprinkle with most of the parmesan.
- Return to the oven for about another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and the flesh is soft.
- Remove the garlic parmesan mini hasselback potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and chopped parsley, and serve immediately.