Easy Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait – A creamy, decadent, no-bake dessert with all the delicious flavors of an apple pie, without the fuss!
The perfect easy dessert for fall gatherings. It’s creamy, crunchy, perfectly sweet, subtly spiced and delicious!
This apple pie yogurt parfait has two layers of each of the following:
cinnamon Greek yogurt
salted caramel sauce – homemade and perfect
cinnamon apples – cooked in the microwave
cookie crumbs –add the perfect crunch
Repeat each layer, add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle salted caramel sauce all over the top, sprinkle with cookie crumbs, and it’s DONE!
To make homemade salted caramel sauce you only need five ingredients and 15 minutes. Prepare it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Before using it, place it in a microwave-safe container and heat for about 30-45 seconds.
For the cookie crumbs, I love Biscoff cookies. They are crunchy and have a wonderful cinnamon flavor. Feel free to replace them with shortbread cookies, digestive, Graham crackers, or use granola if you want to enjoy this parfait for breakfast.
Crumbs and fillings can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator in separate containers, so all you need to do is assemble your parfaits right before dinner.
Try out this Easy Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait and let me know what you think. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
How To Make It: Easy Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
For the Cinnamon Apples:
- 3 apples peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
For the Cinnamon Greek Yogurt:
- 1½ cup (190 g) 0% fat Greek yogurt plain
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the Salted Caramel Sauce: recipe here
- For the Cookies Crumbs:
- ¾ cup (60 g) cookie crumbs I used Biscoff cookies
- Optional: vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the apples with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Microwave for two and half minutes or until the apples are tender. Set aside to cool.
Cinnamon Greek Yogurt
- In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, honey, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Put the cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Layer the parfaits, starting with 2 tablespoons of cinnamon Greek yogurt, then a layer of apples, a drizzle of salted caramel sauce, cookie crumbs, and repeat (don't put the cookie crumbs on the last layer).
- Top with vanilla ice cream, if desired, drizzle caramel over the top and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Serve immediately or loosely cover and chill until ready to serve.
I made these for my caregiver for her birthday and they were delicious. I liked how simple it was to make