Glowing Skin Berry Smoothie
Everyone wants healthy and great looking skin. Although moisturizers, sun blocks and facial products are great, there are also several foods that will give you that young, glowing look you are looking for.
The glowing skin berry smoothie is rich in vitamins and minerals essential for a healthy, radiant skin.
I love to have a smoothie for breakfast: it’s ready in less than 5 minutes, it’s nourishing, healthy and satisfying!
WHY IS THIS BERRY SMOOTHIE GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN?
– Berries are the best sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants keep the skin looking young by protecting it from the sun’s damaging rays. They also boost the skin’s production of collagen, which makes the skin soft, smooth and younger looking.
– Flaxseeds are very rich of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids minimize irritation, redness and inflammation of the skin and keep your skin hydrated and smooth in appearance.
– Greek Yoghurt, high in protein, helps to firm up and maintain skin elasticity
– Kale‘s concentration of major nutrients gives your skin’s health and appearance a boost.
I prefer to use frozen berries, if you use fresh ones add few ice cubes. I usually stock up on fresh berries in the summer and freeze them.
You need to try this glowing skin berry smoothie. It’s easy to make, good for your skin and you’re gonna love it because it tastes so good! 🙂
The glowing skin berry smoothie is rich in vitamins and minerals essential for a healthy, radiant skin. Sip your way to a glowing complexion
If using fresh berries, add few ice cubes.
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 85 grams (1/2 cup) blueberries fresh or frozen
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) raspberries fresh or frozen
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) strawberries fresh or frozen
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) kale center stem removed
- 170 grams (6 ounces) Greek yoghurt 0% fat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons flaxseeds
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
You can adjust the water to make it thinner (or thicker), depending on your preference.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!