Raw Beet Raspberry Power Smoothie
Rich, creamy, healthy, with no added sugar. Look at the vibrant beautiful pink color of this raw beet raspberry power smoothie!
Raw beet, frozen raspberries, frozen banana, freshly squeezed orange juice, 0% fat plain Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk and pure vanilla extract are blended up into a filling, thick, refreshing, energizing and nutritious drink.
If you’re thinking you don’t like beets, especially raw, don’t worry! The flavor of the beets is not overpowering, and the smoothie has just a hint of earthiness.
Beetroots are one of the most nutrient-dense foods available. They contain a color pigment called betalain, a detoxifying agent that has powerful antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
I made this smoothie with raw beets, feel free to replace them with steamed, roasted, boiled, or canned ones (make sure you get the no salt added version).
I prefer to use frozen raspberries, if you use fresh ones add a few ice cubes. Raspberries can be substituted with strawberries, blueberries or mixed berries.
If you try this raw beet raspberry power smoothie, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
How To Make It: Raw Beet Raspberry Power Smoothie
- 1 small raw beet ends trimmed, peeled and thinly sliced (or grated)
- 1½ cups (240 g) raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 ripe banana fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- the juice of 1 orange
- ½ cup (140 g) plain Greek yogurt I used 0% fat
- ¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- If it’s too thick, add more almond milk, orange juice or water.
- Serve immediately, or keep it covered in the fridge until ready to drink. Stir before serving.
- Enjoy your pretty raw beet raspberry power smoothie!