One Pan Baked Chicken and Potatoes
This one pan baked chicken and potatoes is a great midweek meal to add to your rotation .
No marinate, no fancy ingredients, it’s a one pan, simple meal that is ready in an hour. Just toss the chicken thighs, baby potatoes, and chopped onion with olive oil, garlic, thyme, dried oregano, paprika, salt and pepper, then pop it in the oven. The chicken skin turns very crispy, while the meat stays juicy
Serve the baked chicken and potatoes with vegetables or with a salad to make it a complete meal.
I made this recipe with chicken thighs, you can replace them with chicken breasts, drumsticks or with a combination of the three. If you are using other chicken cuts, you may have to adjust the cooking time, as needed.
I used salt, pepper, paprika, dried oregano, and thyme but you can change them around to suit your preferences.
I’d gladly eat this baked chicken and potatoes for dinner every day of the week – it’s so delicious, quick and easy!
More delicious chicken recipes:
- Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts
- Crunchy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
More main dishes ideas for dinner tonight
How To Make It: One Pan Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 lb (450 g) baby potatoes cleaned, cut in half or quarters
- 1 red onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly oil a baking pan or baking sheet.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a big bowl then spread them out onto the prepared baking pan.
- Place into oven and roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve the baked chicken with potatoes immediately, garnished with thyme, if desired.