Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls – A quick, simple and mouthwatering meal that makes great leftovers!
It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in 45 minutes and can be prepared ahead of time, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Plus it’s all baked together in one sheet pan – meaning it’s easy to clean up!
To make these chicken fajita rice bowls, start by cooking the brown rice. While the rice is cooking, place the chicken and sliced veggies on a sheet pan, sprinkle with spices, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat, and bake for 20 minutes. Divide the rice evenly between serving bowls, then add the chicken fajita, your favorite toppings, some chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
My favorite toppings are sour cream and diced avocado but guacamole, pico de gallo, grated cheese, would taste great in these as well. Get creative! You can replace the brown rice with white rice, quinoa or, if you prefer, go with a traditional tortilla.
Just two tips:
- Slice your chicken and veggies about the same thickness to ensure everything is done at the same time.
- I made my own fajita seasoning mix. Feel free to use a store-bought one.
You can bake the fajitas immediately after assembly or assemble them a day in advance, cover them, and refrigerate. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas:
If you are looking for a delicious, Mexican-inspired dinner, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
How To Make It: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
- 1 cup (185 g) uncooked brown rice
For the seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
For the chicken fajita:
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- 3 bell peppers seeds removed, cored and sliced into ¼- thick strips
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a dollop of sour cream
- avocado diced
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. It should take around 35/40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare the seasoning by stirring all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Chicken Fajita: Spread the peppers and onion on a baking sheet, top with the chicken strips then sprinkle with seasoning, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss until everything is coated and spread in an even layer, then bake in the preheated oven, stirring half way through, until the vegetables are cooked and the chicken is golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Assemble the bowls: divide the rice evenly between 4 serving bowls, add the chicken fajita and the toppings you prefer.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, and serve.
One of our regulars! I cook this all the time! Thanks so much for sharing.
Glad you like this recipe, Kaci! :)
This is one of my family’s favorite meals! I make this all of the time. I wanted to ask if the calories calculated for the meal includes rice as well? Thank you!
Glad you like it, Kerry! Yes, the calories include rice as well :)
This was FANTASTIC! 10/10 will be on regular rotation in our house!
I am so glad to hear that, Katie! :)
Love this delicious chicken fajita recipe! I serve it with rice or in wraps. Great either way!!!
I am so glad to hear that, Jackie! Thank you for the feedback! :)