Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls – A quick, simple and mouthwatering meal that makes great leftovers!
It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in 45 minutes and can be prepared ahead of time, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Plus it’s all baked together in one sheet pan – meaning it’s easy to clean up!
To make these chicken fajita rice bowls, start by cooking the brown rice. While the rice is cooking, place the chicken and sliced veggies on a sheet pan, sprinkle with spices, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat, and bake for 20 minutes. Divide the rice evenly between serving bowls, then add the chicken fajita, your favorite toppings, some chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
My favorite toppings are sour cream and diced avocado but guacamole, pico de gallo, grated cheese, would taste great in these as well. Get creative! You can replace the brown rice with white rice, quinoa or, if you prefer, go with a traditional tortilla.
Just two tips:
- Slice your chicken and veggies about the same thickness to ensure everything is done at the same time.
- I made my own fajita seasoning mix. Feel free to use a store-bought one.
You can bake the fajitas immediately after assembly or assemble them a day in advance, cover them, and refrigerate. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you are looking for a delicious, Mexican-inspired dinner, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls - A quick, simple and mouthwatering meal that makes great leftovers!
- 185 grams (1 cup) uncooked brown rice
- For the seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- For the chicken fajita:
- 450 grams ( 1 lb.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- 3 bell peppers seeds removed, cored and sliced into ¼- thick strips
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toppings (optional):
- a dollop of sour cream
- avocado diced
- Garnish (optional):
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. It should take around 35/40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Lightly spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare the seasoning by stirring all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Chicken Fajita: Spread the peppers and onion on a baking sheet, top with the chicken strips then sprinkle with seasoning, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss until everything is coated and spread in an even layer, then bake in the preheated oven, stirring half way through, until the vegetables are cooked and the chicken is golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Assemble the bowls: divide the rice evenly between 4 serving bowls, add the chicken fajita and the toppings you prefer.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, and serve.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!