Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake – Perfectly sweet, subtly spiced, moist, soft, tender, and bursting with fall flavors! Great for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
I love this pumpkin bundt cake because it’s unbelievably delicious and so simple to throw together. You probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already: flour, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, spices, baking powder, and light brown sugar.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, spices and baking powder), whisk together the wet ingredients (sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree), then gently fold the two together, and bake. No mixer required: just a couple of mixing bowls, a whisk, and a wooden spoon is all you need.
The cake batter is very thick. Be careful not to over mix it!
This recipe has no butter. I’ve substituted it with mild olive oil. Coconut oil, canola or vegetable oil are other great options.
Cake flour makes cakes light and tender. Feel free to use all purpose flour or make your own cake flour.
This pumpkin bundt cake came out of the pan looking so beautiful that it didn’t even need frosting or glazing so I opted for a simple dusting of powdered sugar. Just make sure to grease and flour your bundt pan really well before you pour in the batter.
If you’re looking for an easy, seasonal cake, try this recipe and let me know what you think. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 2¾ cups minus 1 tablespoon (300 g) cake flour*
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz. (280 g) pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ¾ cup+1 tablespoon (180 g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup+1½ tablespoon (140 ml) mild olive oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the pumpkin bundt cake is completely cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- if you want to use all-purpose flour: 2½ cups