Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps – perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a tasty appetizer. Each wrap has only 165 calories!
These Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a simple and healthy meal that’s packed with flavor! They are sweet and spicy, with just the right amount of crunch from the cashews. Best of all, it takes only about 25 minutes to make from start to finish.
Start by marinating the chicken with soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili paste for 10 minutes. Then, stir-fry the chicken with ginger, and garlic, add the cashews and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Spoon the mixture into each lettuce cup, garnish with some chopped basil and sesame seeds for extra crunch and serve.
You can add more or less chili paste depending on your preferred level of spiciness. I made these with boneless, skinless chicken breast, feel free to use boneless chicken thighs. You can also sneak in some veggies: broccoli, snap peas, mushrooms, etc.
We love serving cashew chicken in lettuce wraps, but you could also serve it over a bed of coconut rice, noodles or cauliflower rice.
My favorite lettuce is Boston as the leaves are perfectly shaped like cups and they are easy to fold. Other options are iceberg, romaine, or butter lettuce.
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps - perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a tasty appetizer. Each wrap has only 165 calories!
- 1 pound (450 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite seized pieces
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) raw cashews
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- Toppings (optional): thinly-sliced basil, sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a zip lock bag with the oyster sauce, soy sauce and chili paste.
- Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the chicken and the remaining oil, and stir-fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the cashews and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the individual lettuce leaves, top with basil and sesame seeds and serve.
Serves: 8 (2 lettuce cups each serving)
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!