This oatmeal blueberry smoothie is filling, satisfying and totally delicious! One big glass in the morning and you will not feel hungry until lunchtime.
The best thing about smoothies is that they are so easy to make, quick and with little washing up too. Just throw everything in the blender and a few minutes later you have a healthy breakfast on-the-go. Don’t you just love that?!
Jam packed with blueberries, banana, Greek yogurt and oatmeal, this oatmeal blueberry smoothie has everything you need to start your day off right.
Did you know that blueberries are one of the best food to eat for good skin? Blueberries are a very rich source of antioxidants, which neutralize free radicals in your body and stop damage to your skin. They are also packed with fiber, vitamin C, K, B6 and minerals.
Bananas are rich in potassium, manganese and are a good source of dietary fiber.
Oats are a good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and are particularly high in B vitamins.
Greek yogurt provides important nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and protein, which work together to promote strong, healthy bones. It’s a healthy source of probiotic bacteria, which aid digestion.
Banana acts as a sweetener and also helps to make this smoothie creamy. Creaminess is a MUST when it comes to smoothies.
If your blueberries and banana are fresh instead of frozen, add a few ice cubes for a thicker smoothie.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 1 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 35 grams (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 170 grams (6 ounces) fat-free Greek yogurt (I used Fage Total 0%)
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) frozen blueberries
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 banana, frozen
- Place the oats in the blender and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Feel free to add more or less water depending on your preference.
- If your blueberries and banana are fresh instead of frozen, add a few ice cubes.
- Top your oatmeal blueberry smoothie with blueberries and serve immediately.