A gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, low carb, vegan, and paleo dessert. This healthy avocado chocolate mousse is easy and can be made in a blender in 2 minutes!
This avocado chocolate mousse is a combination of healthy and delicious ingredients that come together to create a dense and rich pudding.
I love making healthy desserts, this way you can eat delicious food and enjoy it without putting on weight and feeling guilty.
Don’t worry, you will not taste the avocado because when you blend it with the cocoa powder, almond milk, agave nectar and chia powder it loses its flavor. While it’s not quite the same as a classic mousse, it’s not far off and so much better for you.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple and quick to make. Just throw everything in the blender and mix until creamy and smooth. The avocado gives this mousse its creamy texture and the chia powder works as a thickening agent.
This dessert is also easily customisable. I used raw cacao powder, it has all the benefits like antioxidants, magnesium and other amazing nutrients which help to prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer. But you could always use cocoa powder instead. Replace the agave nectar with honey, or maple syrup. If you can’t find chia powder grind chia seeds in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 2 ripe avocados (I used Hass avocados)
- 90 grams (1/3 cup minus ½ tablespoon) agave nectar*
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon chia powder
- Halve the avocados and scoop the flesh into a food processor or blender.
- Add the almond milk, cacao powder, chia powder, agave nectar and almond extract.
- Mix for a minute or until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with extra agave nectar if needed.
- Scoop the avocado chocolate mousse into pretty glasses or ramekins (I used a piping bag).
- Refrigerate the avocado chocolate mousse for at least 30 minutes before serving.