5 Ingredient Lemon Chicken
I love tasty recipes ready in under 20 minutes and with a short ingredient list most of which can be found right in your pantry. This 5 ingredient lemon chicken is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
It’s simple to make, tender, juicy, slightly crisp around the edges and packed with lots of fresh lemony flavor.
First, you pound the chicken breasts until they’re about 1.5 cm (3/4 inch) thick, then you sprinkle them with lemon pepper seasoning and dredge with some flour to give it a crisp outer layer while they are pan-frying. Pan fry the chicken until is golden and, when it’s done, remove it from the skillet and cook the lemon slices for a few minutes on each side. Place the chicken back into the skillet, squeeze lemon juice, garnish with chopped parsley and that’s it….dinner is served!
I used skinless boneless chicken breast, if you prefer chicken thighs or drumsticks, just modify the cooking time to make sure you don’t over or undercook it.
Enjoy this 5 ingredient lemon chicken with rice, a side salad, steamed veggies or mashed potatoes.
If you are searching for a quick, easy and delicious meal you’ve come to the right place. 5 ingredients, one skillet, 16 minutes and you are ready to go!
A tasty recipe ready in under 20 minutes. This 5 ingredient lemon chicken is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (450 grams / 1 lb)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning low sodium
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon sliced
- the juice of half lemon
- fresh chopped parsley optional
- Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound until each piece is about 1.5 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- Season the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning, dredge in flour and shake off any excess.
- Melt the butter over medium high heat, and pan-fry the chicken until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add lemon slices to the pan and brown them, about 2 minute per side.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the pan and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot!
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!