Homemade Vanilla Almond Granola
This homemade vanilla almond granola is amazingly delicious and very simple to make.
All you need is 2 bowls, a baking sheet and about 30 minutes. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, spread on a baking sheet and bake. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir in the dried cranberries.
Use the granola as a topping on Greek yogurt and breakfast smoothies, eat it straight out of the container as a snack or sprinkle it over ice cream.
You can easily customize it to your own taste, the choices are endless: toasted coconut flakes, banana chips, raisins, dried apricots, cherries, pecans or walnuts instead of almonds, etc.
I actually made two different granola flavors today, one with dried cranberries and another with chocolate chips. If you would like to make two different granola flavors out of one recipe, split the oats into 2 trays or bowls once out from the oven and add your dried fruits or whatever you prefer.
If making a vegan granola use maple syrup or agave nectar instead of honey. Also you can replace the vegetable oil with coconut oil if you wish.
Keep the granola in an air-tight container on your counter and it will stay fresh and crunchy for up to 3 weeks. This recipe can easily be doubled!
Grab a spoon and dig in because this homemade vanilla almond granola is GOOD!
Homemade Vanilla Almond Granola- amazingly delicious and very simple to make. Eat it for breakfast or as a snack.
- 200 grams (2 cups) rolled oats
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) roughly chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) light brown muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the oil, honey, and sugar. Stir and place in the microwave for 20 seconds, stir, and then microwave for another 20 seconds.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract, then pour over the oats and stir until is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet or in a heat-safe bowl.
- Store the homemade vanilla almond granola in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!