Peach Crumble Bars
These peach crumble bars are loaded with juicy, fresh peaches sandwiched in between a buttery crust and a delicious crumb topping.
This recipe is super simple and whips up in no time with ingredients you most likely have on hand already!
The dough doubles as both the crust and crumble topping, simply press half the amount into the pan and reserve the rest to sprinkle over the peaches. I used a food processor but you can easily make it by hand using your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
The filling is quite easy to make as well. Toss the peaches with sugar, flour and lemon juice. You don’t like peaches? Use other fruits: apples, apricots, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, strawberries… whatever you prefer!
Allow the bars to cool at room temperature then place them in the fridge to chill thoroughly. If you try to cut them before chilling they will break.
Top these peach crumble bars with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ll be in heaven! :)
Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to three months.
Let me know if you end up making these, I’d love to know what you think!
Peach Crumble Bars
- For the crust:
- 300 grams (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour sifted
- 120 grams (1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 85 grams (3 ounces) butter cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- a pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 550 grams ( 2 1/2 cups) peaches peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (355 degrees F). Line a 22×22 cm (9×9 inches) baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving the foil to extend up the sides. This will make it easier to remove the bars from the pan. Butter it to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Prepare the crust.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is the texture of coarse sand.
- Put it in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- In medium bowl, gently toss the diced peaches and lemon juice together. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, and sugar, pour it over the peaches and carefully combine.
- Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
- Spread the peach mixture evenly over the crust
- and crumble the remaining dough over the peaches.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow the bars to cool at room temperature then place them in the fridge to chill thoroughly.
- Cut the peach crumble bars into squares and serve.