Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
This raspberry lime vinaigrette is fruity, tangy, sweet and I really love the vibrant pink color!
Usually we think of raspberries as something to eat for breakfast or dessert, but they can make a fabulous condiment as well.
Raspberry lime vinaigrette is very easy to put together. Combine in a blender mashed raspberries, red wine vinegar, oil, a bit of honey and mustard along with some lime juice. It takes no more than five minutes!
We enjoyed it on a mango-avocado salad, but it would also be wonderful as a sauce, drizzled on meats, fish or grilled vegetables. It is hard to think of a salad that this raspberry lime vinaigrette would not go well on and it will brighten up your same old salad!
If using frozen raspberries thaw them completely before preparing the dressing. You can remove the seeds by forcing the pureed raspberries through a mesh strainer or you can leave the seeds, it’s entirely up to you.
Replace the red wine vinegar with balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar or raspberry vinegar. I’m sure this vinaigrette would be fantastic with other berries too.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I can eat salad for lunch and dinner everyday with this raspberry lime vinaigrette :)
How To Make It: Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 cups (350 g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoon honey or brown sugar (more or less depending on your taste preference and the sweetness of the raspberries)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Puree the raspberries in a blender. Strain the seeds out using a fine mesh strainer.
- Return the puree to the blender and add the oil, vinegar, lime juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Blend on low until well combined.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a container and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Store the raspberry lime vinaigrette in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Prettiest dressing ever! Looks so delicious, perfect on a good, hearty salad.
What a beautiful color!
Thank you! :)
Can i use strawberry instead of raspberry?
Hi Shipra! Yes, you can use strawberries :)