A soft, moist, sinfully delicious chocolate cake, which is eggless and butterless at the same time. Isn’t it wonderful?
This moist chocolate cake is the easiest cake I’ve ever come across. No fuss, no mess, you make it with just a wooden spoon. Be careful not to overmix the batter otherwise the cake will be dense and heavy.
It’s a great recipe for those with egg sensitivities or when you crave a good cake and you open the fridge to see you forgot to get eggs. You can never tell that it’s eggless, and the best part is it stays moist even after 3 or 4 days.
You can use this moist chocolate cake as a basic sponge cake for birthdays, anniversaries or for any other special occasion. Fill it with whipped cream, chocolate ganache, jam or keep it plain, with just some powered sugar sprinkled over the top.
This time I used almond milk but I previously tried it with dairy milk or half milk and half juice.
I hope you will enjoy it!
Recipe adapted from Cookaround
- Serves: 11
- Serving size: 89 g
- Calories: 202 g
- Fat: 5.0 g
- Saturated fat: 1.3 g
- Trans fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.0 g
- Sugar: 20.0 g
- Sodium: 24 mg
- Fiber: 3.0 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 200 grams (1½ cup+2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 200 grams (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 75 grams (2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 16 grams (4 teaspoons) baking powder
- 450 ml (1¾ cup+2 tablespoons) soy milk or dairy milk
- 35 grams (3 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar (powder sugar) for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F).
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- and stir until just combined with a wooden spoon.
- Don't over-mix!!!
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 22 cm (8 inches) pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the moist chocolate cake on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Enjoy it!