Grilled Nectarine and Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This grilled nectarine and chicken salad is colorful, fresh, and full of flavor.
Like most salads, it’s quick and simple to prepare. All you need is a sharp knife, a cutting board and a grill pan and you’ve got a delicious dinner ready in no time.
It has an amazing combination of salty, sweet, savory, and a variety of textures.
The blueberries and grilled nectarines add a nice contrasting sweetness to the salty crumbled feta cheese and spicy grilled chicken.
The almonds, romaine lettuce and red cabbage add lots of crunch.
The chicken can be grilled, baked or pan-fried, I used a grill pan. I started by rubbing it with a spice mixture, then I cut it into bite-size pieces so it cooked quicker.
This was the first time that I grilled nectarines and I’ll tell you I was a little skeptical at first….but I was mistaken. Grilling nectarines brings out their sweetness and puts them on a whole new level!
The honey mustard dressing was the perfect finishing touch. Grainy dijon mustard, peanut butter, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt, orange juice and honey. Simply perfect and it will make any salad taste like heaven! Mix the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake until combined. Pretty easy and you can keep the leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 1 week!
You can replace the almonds with pecans or walnuts. Crumbled feta cheese is perfect for this salad but again, you can substitute it with a different cheese or leave it out.
This grilled nectarine and chicken salad with honey mustard dressing has everything you need to keep you full and satisfied throughout the day!
Grilled nectarine and chicken salad - a colorful, fresh, and full of flavor salad topped with a creamy and homemade honey mustard dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10.5 oz (300 grams) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijion mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (180 grams) romain lettuce chopped
- 1 cup (140 grams) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (90 grams) shredded red cabbage
- 3 firm-ripe nectarines sliced
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) almonds chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a grill pan over medium high heat, add the chicken and sprinkle it with the spice mixture.
- Sautee for a few minutes, flipping the chicken now and then to get a nice golden color on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Place the sliced nectarines in the same pan and cook until they become softer and grill marks form, flipping once. This only takes about 3 minutes per side.
- Prepare the dressing: mix all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake well until combined.
- In a large bowl, put the romaine lettuce, red cabbage and blueberries, top it with the grilled nectarines and chicken, sprinkle with chopped almond and crumbled feta cheese, pour the dressing and serve.
- Enjoy it!
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!