Easy Homemade Restaurant-Style Salsa
This easy homemade restaurant-style salsa is my favorite right now! Once you try it, you will never buy store-bought salsa again.
It’s the quickest salsa recipe ever, it takes just 5 minutes to whip up and it’s so delicious, fresh and bursting with flavors. You just throw everything in the food processor, give a few pulses, and it’s done. Perfect salsa!
Serve it with tortilla chips or use it for tacos, burrito, quesadilla, enchiladas, etc. Everyone is going to love it!
Since this easy homemade restaurant-style salsa uses canned tomatoes, you don’t have to worry if tomatoes are not very tasty or ripe.
The recipe is easy to adjust to your own taste. Do you like chunky or smooth salsa? If you want it chunky, don’t puree it as much and drain the can of tomato before adding it to the food processor. If you like your salsa a bit more smooth and thin consistency, don’t drain the tomatoes. Also, you can make it spicy or mild according to your own preferences. Remove all the seeds and white membranes from the jalapeno for a mild salsa.
It will keep up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Grab a bag of tortilla chips, a bowl of salsa and enjoy it!
How To Make It: Easy Homemade Restaurant-Style Salsa
- 2 cans (14 oz) whole tomatoes with juice
- ½ cup (25 g) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- the juice of ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon cumin more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Put the tomatoes without juice + all the other ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get the right consistency. If you like a thin consistency, add the juice and pulse more.
- Test it and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Serve this easy homemade restaurant-style salsa with tortilla chips and enjoy!