Easy Ground Beef Tacos
These easy ground beef tacos are a weeknight-staple in our house! Packed with flavor, delicious, and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Simply sautee’ the onion, cook the garlic until fragrant, and brown the meat. Then, combine everything else in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes to let the flavors come together. Done!
Once your ground beef is ready, just put out some warm tortillas along with bowls of assorted toppings like shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, etc.. and let your family make their own tacos with their favorite toppings.
You can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey or chicken. Also, if you like it less spicy, remove the jalapeno seeds and ribs or omit it completely.
Homemade taco seasoning is super simple to make, it’s just a matter of combining a few spices you probably have already in your pantry. Double or triple this recipe and keep the taco seasoning in a jar for later use, it’s healthier and cheaper than the store bought one!
If you are cutting carbs, skip the tortilla and serve with lettuce for a delicious lettuce wrap.
Give these easy ground beef tacos a try for your next taco night and I guarantee your family will love them!
Easy Ground Beef Tacos
For the taco seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
For the ground beef:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (240 g) tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 8 tortilla I used low-carb multi-grain tortillas
- romaine lettuce shredded
- monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- diced tomatoes
- Prepare the taco seasoning mixing together all the ingredients and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat into smaller chunks, until it is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, cook for about 30 seconds and then add the tomato sauce and jalapeno. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Fill each tortilla with the beef mixture and top with your preferred toppings.
- Garnish the easy ground beef tacos with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and serve!