Chewy Apple Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Eight ingredients and about 10 minutes is all it takes to make these tasty, chewy apple peanut butter granola bars. No baking required, but you do need to toast the oats and pecans to enhance their flavor.
Heat up the honey and peanut butter, add them to the dry ingredients, mix everything together and press the mixture into a baking dish. Let it refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight, cut the bars and eat them. It’s really that easy, you will never want to buy a box of granola bars from the store again.
It’s very important that you press the mixture into the baking dish really well with a spoon, a spatula or with your hands. Cover the top of the granola bars with parchment paper so it doesn’t stick to your hands.
As a binder I used dates, peanut butter, and honey. If you don’t have peanut butter feel free to substitute it with any nut butter you have in your pantry. If you are vegan you can use agave nectar in place of honey and to keep them gluten free, use gluten free oats .
Wrap each individual bar with cling film and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Give these chewy apple peanut butter granola bars a try and let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. :)
How To Make It: Chewy Apple Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 1 cup (100 g) pecans roughly chopped
- 1½ cup (150 g) rolled oats or gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup (140 g) medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup (75 g) honey or agave nectar for vegan
- ¼ cup (60 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (100 g) dried apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Line a 8×8 inches (20×20 cm) baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving the foil to extend up the sides. This will make it easier to remove the granola bars from the pan. Brush lightly with oil to prevent sticking.
- Spread the rolled oats and chopped pecans on a baking tray and toast them for 10 minutes, until they are slightly golden.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Process the dates in a food processor until they become a ball.
- Add the cinnamon powder, crushed dates and chopped dried apples to the oats mixture.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the vanilla, honey, and peanut butter until runny.
- Pour over the dry mixture and mix well until everything is evenly coated and the dates are disperse throughout.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and press down with a spatula or with your wet hands.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours (better overnight).
- Remove the bars from the baking pan and cut into 12 even bars.
- Store the chewy apple peanut butter granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Thank you the recipe! I was wondering how you dry your apples? :)
Shelley, I bought them. It’s a good idea to make them homemade but I guess you need a dehydrator :/
These look so good and so healthy! I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for the yummy recipe!
Thank you Debi! :)
Mmmm, amazing, I am on a Medjool date kick!!
Thank you Tara!
These granola bars are the perfect healthy fall snack!
Thank you Linda! :)
You make these look so easy to make :-)
Love the look of these bars and my kids would love them too:-)