Zucchini Noodles with Garlic Shrimp
Are you trying to cut down on carbs and eat more veggies? Zucchini noodles are a healthier, low carb, gluten-free alternative to pasta.
To make zucchini noodles you can use a spiral slicer, a mandolin or a julienne peeler. Slice the zucchini just until you reach the seeds. A few seeds won’t matter, but you don’t want it to be too seedy or the noodles will fall apart.
I used a spiral slicer like this one (this is not an affiliate link). Just a couple of quick turns and in less than a minute you will have a plate of zoodles ( zucchini + noodles=zoodles).
If you use a mandolin, please be careful as the blades are very sharp.
Place the zoodles in a colander, toss them with a bit of salt and let them sit for 15 minutes. The salt will help reduce their moisture content so you don’t end up with soggy noodles.
I served the zucchini noodles with garlic shrimp, it was delicious! An easy, flavorful meal and it takes only 15 minutes to throw together. Do you prefer a vegan/vegetarian recipe? check this one :)
If you’ve never had zucchini noodles before, you’ve got to try them!
How To Make It: Zucchini Noodles with Garlic Shrimp
- 6 zucchini washed
- 1 lb (450 g) shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Using a spiral slicer, cut the zucchini into noodles and place them into a colander over a bowl or in the sink.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and toss to combine. Let the zucchini sit for 15 minutes while the salt extracts the moisture.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, paprika, chili flakes,lemon juice, and shrimp in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the shrimp change color.
- Rinse the zucchini under running water to remove the salt and dry on paper towels.
- Add the zucchini noodles and parsley to the garlic shrimp, toss to coat and serve.