Easy Chicken and Veggies Skillet
Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner? Look no further, this easy chicken and veggies skillet is flavorful, colorful as well as pretty quick to throw together.
From start to finish, this takes no more than 45 minutes….Oh yeah and you only need one skillet… one skillet= easy to clean up! I ♥ one skillet super easy dinners!
The recipe is pretty straight forward: sear the chicken, set it aside, cook the veggies, return the chicken back in the skillet, let it simmer…dinner is served!
I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could use thighs or a whole cut-up chicken. You can also change the vegetables to suit your preferences. Hate carrots? Substitute them with something you love or whatever is available in your fridge: olives, broccoli, potatoes cut into small cubes, etc.
Serve it with white rice, brown rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes or a creamy polenta.
With only a few simple ingredients, minimal preparation, and about 45 minutes, this easy chicken and veggies skillet turns out absolutely delicious. Enjoy it!
How To Make It: Easy Chicken and Veggies Skillet
- 14 oz. (400 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup (30 g) flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 7 oz. (200 g) fresh cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 oz. (55 g) baby carrots
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes
- freshly ground pepper
- Garnish (optional): fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick to help with even cooking.
- Put the flour in a shallow plate, add salt and pepper and mix well. Dredge each chicken breast in flour and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, carrots, and mushrooms. Saute for 4-5 minutes then return the chicken to the pan and add enough stock to almost cover the chicken.
- Allow it come to a boil, and let it simmer with a lid on for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid reduces and thickens a bit.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes have softened.
- Serve this easy chicken and veggies skillet sprinkled with finely chopped fresh parsley.
This looks fabulous. Quick, easy and full of flavor.
Thank you Sandi!
Oh wow, I love this dish and can almost taste it, super shots too:-)
Thank you Camilla! :)
How healthy and delicious! Love your photo!
Thank you very much Joanne!
Looks great and I love the pop the tomatoes give.
Thank you Peter!