Easy Chicken and Veggies Skillet
Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner? Look no further, this easy chicken and veggies skillet is flavorful, colorful as well as pretty quick to throw together.
From start to finish, this takes no more than 45 minutes….Oh yeah and you only need one skillet… one skillet= easy to clean up! I ♥ one skillet super easy dinners!
The recipe is pretty straight forward: sear the chicken, set it aside, cook the veggies, return the chicken back in the skillet, let it simmer…dinner is served!
I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could use thighs or a whole cut-up chicken. You can also change the vegetables to suit your preferences. Hate carrots? Substitute them with something you love or whatever is available in your fridge: olives, broccoli, potatoes cut into small cubes, etc.
Serve it with white rice, brown rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes or a creamy polenta.
With only a few simple ingredients, minimal preparation, and about 45 minutes, this easy chicken and veggies skillet turns out absolutely delicious. Enjoy it!
This easy chicken and veggies skillet is an elegant, 45 minutes dinner made in just 1 skillet! An easy meal for those busy weeknights!
- 400 grams (14 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 200 grams (7 ounces) fresh cremini mushrooms sliced
- 55 grams (2 ounces) baby carrots
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken or vegetable stock
- 150 grams (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- freshly ground pepper
- Garnish (optional): fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick to help with even cooking.
- Put the flour in a shallow plate, add salt and pepper and mix well. Dredge each chicken breast in flour and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil with. Add the chicken and cook until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, carrots, and mushrooms. Sautee for a 4-5 minutes then return the chicken to the pan and add enough stock to almost cover the chicken.
- Allow it come to a boil, and let it simmer with a lid on for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid reduces and thickens a bit.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes have softened.
- Serve this easy chicken and veggies skillet sprinkle with finely chopped fresh parsley.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!