Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies
Are you a lime and coconut lover? These cookies are perfect for you! They are sweet, tangy, and they melt in your mouth.
Lime and coconut make the perfect combination. Coconut key lime crinkle cookies are soft inside and slightly crunchy outside, with the perfect kick of lime and a hint of coconut. They are full of flavor!
To make the most of the lime, I recommend working the zest into the sugar with the back of a spoon or with your fingers until the sugar is moist and fragrant. This method releases the natural oils of the zest and enhances the lime flavor.
Place the white chocolate chips on the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven, then quickly put the baking sheet in the freezer or fridge for about 15 minutes so the chocolate chip doesn’t melt.
These cookies are like a burst of summer during these dreary, winter days. They are so incredibly easy to make and everyone loves them.
The coconut key lime crinkle cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How To Make It: Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies
- 2.8 oz. (80 g) butter at room temperature
- the zest of 1 key lime
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- the juice of 2 key limes (2 tablespoons or 25 ml)
- 2 ½ tablespoons (15 g) coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
- 1¾ cup + 1 tablespoon (220 g) all-purpose flour
You will also need:
- powdered sugar
- granulated sugar
- white chocolate chips optional
- Work the zest into the sugar with the back of a spoon or with your fingers until the sugar is moist and fragrant.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, coconut flakes and key lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and flour, little at a time, mixing with a fork until the dough comes together. Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and chill it for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- Take the dough out from the fridge and roll it into balls with your hands wet.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar first
- and then in the icing sugar.
- Place the coconut key lime crinkle cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- and bake for 10 minutes.
- When you take them out from the oven, place a chocolate chip on top, pressing gently while they are still hot.
- Cool the coconut key lime crinkle cookies on the baking tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
One of my new favorites! They came up perfectly and tasted fantastic! I had to substitute zest of 1/2 of a regular lime instead of a key lime, but kept everything else.
Glad you liked this recipe, Laura! Thank you for the feedback! :)
When I made these cookies, they were GONE within a day we just couldn’t stop eating… Absolutely fantastic flavour and they look so festive too can’t wait to make them again for a bday party or other occasion, since they are my fave now
Thanks for the recipe ❤️
I am so glad you liked them, Danna! Thank you for the feedback! ❤️
I made these today and they turned up gorgeous. Thank you for a great recipe
I am glad to hear that, Nayla! :)
Just made these about 2 hours ago. They didn’t crack as much as yours did, but they are so yummy! I had to put them in the garage because they are for a bake sale. If they were in the house, I’d have nothing for them. They are delicious! Will make again, most definitely. Thanks for the recipe:)
Thank you for the feedback, I am glad you liked them! :)
Both the photos and the recipe are totally drool-worthy!! Love the taste of summer in this flavor combo!!
Thank you! :)
I love crinkle cookies, and I love citrus desserts… never thought to combine the two! Fantastic :)
My husband and son are big fans of coconut! These little treats would be perfect for them!
Thank you for stopping by! Let me know if you try them
Put the lime in the coconut…..these cookies make me want to break into song! Might have to work a way to add some rum ;-)
My husband loves key lime anything, I think I need to make these for his birthday next week. Great recipe.
Thank you Janette and Happy Birthday to your husband :)
These Coconut Key Lime Crinkle cookies so delicious. Great recipe and great photography.
Thank you Rini :)
Found these via Enjoying Yummy Recipes!! LOVE THEM!! Coconut lime is a favorite of mine, pinning to try! THANK YOU!!
Thank you Michaela :)