Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies
Are you a lime and coconut lover? These cookies are perfect for you! They are sweet, tangy, and they melt in your mouth.
Lime and coconut make the perfect combination. Coconut key lime crinkle cookies are soft inside and slightly crunchy outside, with the perfect kick of lime and a hint of coconut. They are full of flavor!
To make the most of the lime, I recommend working the zest into the sugar with the back of a spoon or with your fingers until the sugar is moist and fragrant. This method releases the natural oils of the zest and enhances the lime flavor.
Place the white chocolate chips on the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven, then quickly put the baking sheet in the freezer or fridge for about 15 minutes so the chocolate chip doesn’t melt.
These cookies are like a burst of summer during these dreary, winter days. They are so incredibly easy to make and everyone loves them.
The coconut key lime crinkle cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
These coconut key lime crinkle cookies are soft inside and slightly crunchy outside, with the perfect kick of lime and a hint of coconut.
- 80 grams (2.8 ounces) butter at room temperature
- the zest of 1 key lime
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- the juice of 2 key limes (2 tablespoons or 25 ml)
- 15 grams (2½ tablespoons) coconut flakes
- 8 grams (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 220 grams (1¾ cup + 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- You will also need:
- powdered sugar
- granulated sugar
- white chocolate chips optional
- Work the zest into the sugar with the back of a spoon or with your fingers until the sugar is moist and fragrant.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, coconut flakes and key lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and flour, little at a time, mixing with a fork until the dough comes together. Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and chill it for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Take the dough out from the fridge and roll it into balls with your hands wet.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar first
- and then in the icing sugar.
- Place the coconut key lime crinkle cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- and bake for 10 minutes.
- When you take them out from the oven, place a chocolate chip on top, pressing gently while they are still hot.
- Cool the coconut key lime crinkle cookies on the baking tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!