Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce and Burst Cherry Tomatoes – a delicious and healthy recipe that comes together in 30 minutes with minimal prep! Perfect as a meal on its own, or as a side dish. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free
These zucchini noodles with avocado sauce are the perfect solution for a quick, simple, filling and healthy lunch or dinner.
The creamy avocado sauce adds a lot of flavor and healthy fats and it’s amazing on pretty much everything you can think of: blackened fish tacos, grilled chicken, regular pasta, salmon, sandwiches, baked salmon burgers, etc.
I like the crunchy texture of raw noodles but if you prefer them warm, just saute them for a couple of minutes.
To make the zucchini noodles, all you need is a spiralizer. You don’t have a spiralizer yet? You can easily make noodles with a julienne peeler or a mandoline. I highly recommend investing in a spiralizer because you’ll get so much use out of it. You can spiralize carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, squash, apples, ….
Burst cherry tomatoes are also super easy to make and add a pop of color to the dish. Drizzle the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 15/20 minutes.
Just a quick note: whether or not you cook the zoodles, when you add the sauce they’re going to get a little watery. So to avoid excess moisture, serve them immediately. If you have leftovers, make sure to store everything separately and assemble just before serving.
If you try these zucchini noodles with avocado sauce, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
How To Make It: Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
For the burst cherry tomatoes:
- 1½ cup (250 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the zucchini noodles:
- 3 medium zucchini spiralized
For the avocado sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- ⅓ cup (13 g) fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, white parts only
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water or more if necessary
- the juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 392°F (200°C). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes are blistered and start to burst.
- In the meantime, prepare the avocado sauce. Place all the sauce ingredients into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust if necessary, adding more water if it’s too thick.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the avocado sauce.
- Once the noodles are coated, divide them among 3 bowls, top each bowl with cherry tomatoes and serve immediately.