This potato, mushroom and chestnut soup is hearty, simple, creamy and chunky. It has a delicate balance of autumn flavors
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 500 grams (1.10 lb) potatoes cut into small, even cubes
- 150 grams ( 5.3 oz) cremini mushrooms wiped clean and chopped
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cup) warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams (1.8 ounces) pre-cooked chestnuts crumbled
- To serve:
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crumbled chestnuts
In a medium pan, sauté the onion with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until soft and translucent.
Add the potatoes and mushrooms, stir and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
Dissolve the salt in the warm water and add it to the pan.
Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.
Add the chestnuts and cook for another 15/20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft and the soup thick and and creamy.
Serve the potato, mushroom and chestnut soup topped with crumbled chestnuts, chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Calories: 277, Fat: 9.8g, Saturated Fat: 1.4g, Sodium: 529mg, Carbohydrates: 43.4g, Fiber: 4.8g, Sugar: 3.7g, Protein: 5.2g
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!