Chopped Asian Salad with Peanut Dressing - a healthy salad full of amazing colors, flavors and textures!!
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon agave or honey or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the salad:
- 250 grams (2 1/2 cups) shredded red cabbage
- 135 grams (2 cups) shredded kale
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow) thinly sliced
- 30 grams ( 1/2 cup) fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 155 grams (1 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Prepare the dressing.
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer the peanut dressing to a jar, cover and chill until ready to use.
Defrost the edamame, shred and chop all the vegetables.
In a large bowl, toss the red cabbage, kale, carrot, bell peppers, cilantro, green onion and edamame.
Drizzle the chopped asian salad with the peanut dressing and toss gently.
Top with cashew nuts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Calories: 353, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 3.6g, Sodium: 283mg, Carbohydrates: 27.8g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 9.9g, Protein: 12.6g
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!