Course: Breakfast / Dessert
This easy double chocolate zucchini bread is moist, rich and fudgy. Perfect for breakfast, as an afternoon snacks or as a dessert
- 1 zucchini (225 grams / 8 ounces) shredded
- 120 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 45 grams (1/2 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 75 grams (1/3 cup + 1/2 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) light brown sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 45 grams (1/4 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips melted
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F). Grease (or spray with a nonstick spray) a 23x13 cm (9x5 inch) loaf pan. Set aside.
Place the shredded zucchini between two paper towels and press out as much water as possible.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
In another bowl, beat together the eggs, sugars, Greek yogurt, vegetable oil and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the zucchini.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45/55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
Melt the 45 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate chips and drizzle on top of the bread.
Store this easy double chocolate zucchini bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Calories: 170, Fat: 7.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.4g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 58mg, Carbohydrates: 24.3g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 15.8g, Protein: 3.4g
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!