Vegan Burrito Salad Bowls
Vegan burrito salad bowls are super colorful, really easy to put together and packed with delicious Mexican flavor.
Very little cooking time is needed for this meal. The rice takes about 20 minutes to pull together, then the rest depends on your chopping skills.
To assemble the bowls start with some rice then just add the fresh vegetables and beans: romaine lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, corn, black beans, cilantro. Feel free to incorporate whatever you love and find at your local farmers market, be creative!
The finishing touch is a drizzle of creamy and smooth avocado crema, a simple 1 minute blender concoction of avocado, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. This crema is divine!
I used white rice but brown rice, quinoa or spelt would taste great in these as well. The rice is mixed with homemade restaurant-style salsa to give it more flavor.
Make the rice in advance, chop all the vegetables and keep everything in the fridge until need it. Chop the avocado just before serving or it will get brown.
The recipe is enough for 5 bowls so you can have the leftovers for lunch the next day. 🙂
You will absolutely love the freshness of these tasty vegan burrito salad bowls!
Adapted from”Flavour and Savour”
Vegan burrito salad bowls are super colorful, really easy to put together and packed with delicious Mexican flavor! Ready in 20 minutes
- 185 grams (1 cup) uncooked long grain rice
- 180 grams (3/4 cup) homemade restaurant-style salsa
- 165 grams (3 cups) chopped Romaine lettuce
- 240 grams ( 1 1/2 cup) canned corn drained and rinsed
- 170 grams (1 cup) canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- For the avocado crema:
- 2 avocados peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large pan, cook the rice according to package instructions.
While the rice is cooking, chop all the vegetables, prepare the salsa and the avocado crema
- To make the avocado crema, simply put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. Add a little water if you want a thinner consistency.
- When the rice is cool, stir in the salsa and start assembling the bowls.
- Divide the rice evenly between serving bowls, spreading it out so that it covers the bottom of the bowls.
- Top the rice with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado and cilantro.
- Drizzle with the avocado crema, garnish with a wedge of lime and serve.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!