Vanilla Mixed Berry Chia Pudding
Vanilla mixed berry chia pudding – a vanilla chia base topped with a creamy mixed berry soft serve.
This delicious vanilla mixed berry chia pudding makes a wonderful breakfast, snack or healthy dessert! It’s creamy, rich, thick and naturally sweetened.
The recipe is simple, requiring just 6 ingredients (4 for the chia pudding and 2 for the soft serve) and 7 minutes preparation time (plus chilling).
To make the pudding, mix the chia seeds with unsweetened almond milk, pure vanilla extract, maple syrup, and let it sit overnight to thicken. Then, in the morning, prepare the mixed berry soft serve by blending 1/2 cup of frozen mix berries and 1 frozen banana in a food processor or powerful blender until smooth and creamy. If your berries are tart, you can add some honey or maple syrup.
Once you have both components ready, grab two jars or glasses, layer the chia pudding and soft serve, add your favorite toppings and dig in.
The best part is that you can never get bored of this as you can easily customize it. Add some cinnamon, peanut butter, matcha powder, or cacao powder to the chia pudding. I used unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk, but any milk would work – rice, soy, hemp, coconut, regular milk, etc.. Top it with fresh fruit, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, cacao nibs, granola – whatever takes your fancy. Feel free to mix and match and get creative!
Chia pudding will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
If you try this vanilla mixed berry chia pudding let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
Vanilla mixed berry chia pudding - a vanilla chia base topped with a creamy mixed berry soft serve.
Preparation time doesn't include chilling time
- For the vanilla chia pudding:
- 420 ml ( 1 3/4 cup) unsweetened almond milk you can also use coconut, soy, or regular milk
- 7 tablespoons raw chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the mix berry soft serve:
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) frozen mix berry
- 1 frozen banana
- Suggested toppings: cacao nibs, granola, fresh fruit, cinnamon, nuts and seeds
- Place the chia seeds in a medium bowl. Add the almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir the pudding to make sure that there aren’t any clumps.
- Prepare the soft serve. In a food processor or powerful blender, blend the banana and mix berry until smooth and creamy. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Layer the chia pudding and berry soft serve in 2 small jars or glasses. Sprinkle with cacao nibs or your desired toppings and serve immediately.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!