Spicy Shrimp Arugula Cannellini Salad
In the summer, there is nothing more satisfying than simple meals that require little or no cooking. I make salads a few times a week, often with whatever I have on hand.
This spicy shrimp arugula cannellini salad is super tasty, satisfying and filling.
The salad consists of only three ingredients tossed in a simple lemon chili dressing that let the flavors shine through.
Start by marinating the shrimp with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Let them sit for a few minutes before throwing them on the grill or cooking them in a frying pan. You can even cook the shrimp in advance, the rest of the salad takes less than five minutes to put together so you’ll be out of the kitchen in no time.
If you don’t like arugula, replace it with baby spinach or watercress. I love adding red pepper to salads as it gives the perfect crunch and sweetness.
I’m too lazy to prepare dried cannellini beans so I’ve used canned. Just remember to rinse them thoroughly.
The lemon chili dressing is super easy to make. You mix all the ingredients in a jar, this way you can shake it up easily and keep any leftover in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from “Food” magazine
This spicy shrimp arugula cannellini salad with lemon chili dressing is super tasty, satisfying and filling. It's easy and quick to prepare
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- For the shrimp:
- 450 grams (1 lbs) raw shelled prawns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the salad:
- 400 grams (14 ounces) canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 125 grams (6 cups) arugula
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- Prepare the dressing.
- Take a small glass jar with a lid and shake all the ingredients. Set aside
- Cook the prawns:
- Combine the prawns, olive oil, lemon juice+zest, parsley, salt and pepper. Let it sit for 5 minutes then cook the prawns on a grill or in a frying pan, for 4-5 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, red pepper and cannellini beans. Top with prawns and drizzle with dressing.Toss gently and serve.
- Enjoy this spicy shrimp arugula cannellini salad!
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!