Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles
Are you looking for a healthy, simple and quick weeknight meal? These spicy peanut soba noodles fits all the criteria.
Soba noodles are tossed with spiralized carrots and zucchini, thinly sliced red pepper, cilantro, roasted peanuts and a spicy peanut sauce….Super tasty, crowd pleasing, and ready in 20 minutes or less.
You could add some grilled chicken, shrimp or tofu for extra protein. Also, some sliced green onion would be great in this dish, I just didn’t have any so I did without.
To make zucchini and carrot noodles use a mandoline, a spiralizer, a julienne peeler or just cut them into thin strips. When using a mandoline, please be careful with your fingers as the blades are very sharp!
Soba noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles) are very high in fiber, they have a nutty flavor and a slightly chewy texture. If they are not available, you can replace them with whole wheat spaghetti.
These spicy peanut soba noodles are just as good, if not better, the day after served cold. Put the leftovers in a container and you’ve got lunch ready for next day.
Don’t be scared by the long list of ingredients, this recipe really comes together in a snap!
Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles - Easy to throw together, bursting with Asian flavors and ready in 20 minutes or less.
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 115 grams (4 ounces) soba noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- For the peanut sauce:
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) warm water
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons Siracha sauce more to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- To garnish:
- sesame seeds
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- a handful of cilantro finely chopped
- Wash the zucchini and carrots. Use a spiral slicer or a julienne peeler to slice them into noodles.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the soba noodles until just tender according to package instructions, 5 or 6 minutes. Drain and run the noodles under cool water to stop the cooking process then drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil and toss.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut sauce ingredients and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Return the noodles to the same large pot, add the sauce, carrots, zucchini, red bell pepper, and toss until combined.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro and peanuts and serve.
- Enjoy these tasty spicy peanut soba noodles!
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!