Savory Baci di Dama
Baci di dama are buttery, chocolate-filled cookies traditionally from Piedmont, a northern region of Italy. This recipe turns them into a savory treat and they are just as delightful and addicting as the sweet ones.
Savory baci di dama consist of two small parmesan cookies sandwiched together with a salmon cream cheese filling.
For the filling I simply placed in a food processor the cream cheese and smoked salmon and blended until smooth. You can replace the smoked salmon with olives, chives, thyme, cayenne pepper, sundried tomatoes, pesto or whatever you prefer.
Store the baci di dama in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They can also be prepared in advance and assembled at the last minute.
Savory Baci di Dama - A smooth salmon cream cheese filling is sandwiched between two small parmesan cookies. Perfect as a snack or as a fancy appetizer
- For the savory baci di dama:
- 100 grams (3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) almond flour
- 80 grams ( 2.8 ounces) unsalted butter cold and cut into small cubes
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) Parmesan cheese or Pecorino grated
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) white wine
- a pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 60 grams (2.11 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small pieces (more or less weighting 8 grams / 0.3 ounces each) and roll them into tiny balls between the palms of your hands.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, slightly spaced apart.
- Bake the savory baci di dama for 20 minutes, until they are set to the touch.
- Let the cookies cool completely before filling them.
- Prepare the filling. Place the cream cheese and smoked salmon in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Put the filling in a pastry bag, pipe the mixture on one cookie and place another one on top.
- Store the savory baci di dama in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 days.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!