Potato Bites with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
These potato bites with cream cheese and smoked salmon are not only simple to put together but also absolutely irresistible.
Tiny potato halves are topped with a dollop of cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and a sprinkle of finely chopped chives. Easy!!!
Try to pick the smallest potatoes, roughly the same size. When you cut them in half be careful, you don’t want to break the potato skins.
Use whichever cream cheese you like, I prefer Philadephia Light. I piped the cream cheese using a star tip, if you don’t have a piping bag just spoon the filling into a small freezer bag and snip off a corner.
You could easily make these a few hours ahead and keep in the refrigerator in a container or covered with plastic wrap.
Potato bites are the perfect appetizer for a New Year’s Eve dinner party or for a casual get-together. Give them a go, your guests will love them!
This is going to be my last post of the year. Thank you so much for your support, especially when I rebranded my blog. I am wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! ♥
These potato bites with cream cheese and smoked salmon are the perfect appetizer for a New Year’s Eve dinner party or for a casual get-together.
- 8 tiny new potatoes scrubbed well
- 60 grams ( 2.11 ounces) smoked salmon thinly sliced into strips
- 150 grams (5.3 ounces) cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 16 capers
- chives finely chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15/20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let them cool.
- Add the cream cheese and chives to a small bowl (keep some chives on the side to sprinkle on top), season with a pinch of salt and pepper; stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut each potato in half. Slice a small piece from the bottom so they can sit upright without falling over.
- Arrange the potato halves on a serving plate, cut side up.
- Pipe the cream cheese on top of each potato bite using a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Gently roll the salmon strips into loose cylinders and lightly pinch together at the bottom to create a rose shape. Place the salmon rose and a caper on top of the cream cheese and sprinkle with finely chopped chives.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!