Green Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
This green spirulina smoothie bowl is a simple smoothie transformed into a nutritious breakfast or snack.
The secret is to use less liquid to blend it, making it so thick and creamy that can be eaten with a spoon.
Smoothies, when balanced properly can be the perfect meal. Feel free to leave any of these ingredients out and replace them with your favorite ones. Just an advice: use fruits in moderation and add vegetables and healthy fats in order to balance out the sugar content.
Have you ever tried spirulina? If you haven’t heard of spirulina before, it’s an algae that is 60-70% protein, high in minerals, vitamins, amino acids, iron, chlorophyll, and magnesium. The recommended serving ranges from 1-2 teaspoons. I’m not going to lie, it doesn’t taste great but, trust me, when mixed with your favorite smoothie it tastes wonderful. I promise, it won’t taste like dirty water! 🙂
Top this green spirulina smoothie bowl with all sorts of food to add texture and flavor. The options are pretty endless: shredded coconut, cacao nibs, fresh or frozen berries,goji berries, figs, sliced banana, bee pollen, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, granola, etc.
Experiment with all sorts of combinations and toppings, grab a spoon and enjoy it!
This green spirulina smoothie bowl is a simple smoothie transformed into a nutritious breakfast or snack. The toppings options are endless
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) unsweetend almond milk
- 120 grams (4 cups) baby spinach
- 2 bananas peeled and frozen
- 1 hass avocado pitted and peeled
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- Toppings I used: goji berries, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cacao nibs, raspberries
- Other options: fresh or frozen berries, figs, sliced banana, bee pollen, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, granola, etc.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- You can adjust the amount of almond milk to make it thicker or thinner, depending on how you enjoy it. The desired consistency is like soft serve ice cream.
- Divide the smoothie between 2 bowls and garnish as desired.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!